On October 1, 2015 Abel Design Group’s Merissa Maclaine, was featured on the KHOU morning show Great Day Houston to cover the latest design trends with show host Deborah Duncan. Two Abel Design Group projects were featured to illustrate the trend – Brooke Feather, a local boutique, and the Golden Nugget Suites in Atlantic City. To bring the design trends to life on set, Abel Design Group partnered with Internum, Totally Carpet, and Bernhardt. Each studio audience member received a felt tote bag from Abel Design Group, and had the opportunity to win the rug featured on set courtesy of Totally Carpet. One studio audience member was selected to win live.
INTERIOR DESIGN 2015 TREND SUMMARY
THE NEW NEUTRALS
• Bold colors are really taking a backseat to soft neutrals like white, soft grey, soft pinks and tone on tone
• Tone on tone is an effect that is created when you mix slight variations in color and texture to create a pattern or depth to the design
• Metal is no longer about matching every finish. You can have a gold vase and a silver lamp and a burnished bowl. Copper and rose gold are being incorporated more now as well
• Wood finishes are natural and light – a departure from deep, dark stains and heavy gloss
• You see this light treatment on floors, on tables, desks and accessories.
• An interesting flooring trend is patterned tile. It’s like having an rug made out of tile
• Wall tiles are going 3D, with lots of texture and edges. they help create very dramatic shadows as well
• Felt is big. We are seeing it used on light fixtures, lamp shades, pillows. Felt is great because it’s durable and it’s environmental
Partners Featured On Set:
Partners Featured On Screen: